£40,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Blended Remote Working
In order to meet ever growing demand, a dynamic Logistics Manager with international cross border 3PL experience is required to join a fast moving, customer focussed organisation with a global footprint and exciting plans for future growth.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of high-quality refractories and tailor-made refractory solutions for the global iron and steel industry, as well as other refractory consuming industries worldwide.
The successful Logistics Manager is responsible for establishing a best-in-class logistics function by maintaining effective commercial relationships with logistics providers, ensuring all stock movements are managed efficiently and cost effectively.
A focus on maintaining existing high levels of product quality and customer service is essential.
Whilst the ideal candidate will have previous managerial or line management experience, applications are encouraged from ambitious individuals with relevant logistics experience looking for their first management position.
- Manage relationships with logistics providers, negotiating best rates for ocean freight, trucking and warehousing as required for the movement of refractory products globally.
- Meet with suppliers in the UK and overseas to establish professional relationships.
- Agree on the selection of providers for ocean freight tenders and communicate rate fluctuations on a regular basis.
- Monitor and maintain current inventory levels, against predetermined targets ensuring accuracy for planning of purchase and customer order requirements.
- Pro-actively report against KPIs demonstrating how you are meeting cost, productivity, accuracy and timeline targets.
- Challenge and improve on the current logistics practices.
- Pro-actively manage all import and export requirements.
- Line management of the Logistics Administrator.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant international logistics experience working closely with 3PL providers.
- An understanding of supply planning, stock and inventory control and warehousing.
- Able to lead by example acting as a mentor to the Logistics Administrator and more junior members of the team.
- The ability to prioritise and manage your workload in a constantly evolving environment.
- Able to contribute to the development of a culture of continuous improvement within the Group to meet stretching financial and performance targets, including the implementation of lean methodology.
- CILT or equivalent accreditation is ideal but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a pro-active Logistics Manager to join a growing organisation with an exciting vision to become a top 5 refractory company worldwide.
A competitive salary, benefits package and genuine career progression opportunities are on offer to the successful candidate.
More Jobs from MaxAd Recruitment Ltd
- Director of People
- Regulatory Managers
- Operations Manager
- Portfolio Telephone Sales Executive
- Business Support Executive
- Graduate Marketing Executive
- Volunteer Coordinator – Peer Support
- Criminal Justice Support Worker
- Junior Engineers
- Data Engineer
- Head of Mobile App Design
- Payroll Administrator - Part Time
- Senior Client Services Associate - Funds Operations
- Client Services Associate - Funds Operations
- Client Services Associate
- Hospitality Assistant
- UK Brand Manager – Acute Healthcare
- Warehouse Assistant
- Business Development Manager – B2B
- Inside Sales Executive