Engineering Commodity Buyer
Engineering Buyer – 3 Positions–– Inside IR35 – Immediate Start
£30-£32k p/a or £15-£17p/h Umbrella
Realistic Chance of Permanent Roles – 6 Months Minimum
Machinery and Manufacturing Sector – Reading Engineering Drawings
Based Southwest Birmingham with Remote Working & Hybrid Working Confirmed when Covid Restrictions are Lifted
Precision is pleased to be working for a global business who specialise in the design and manufacture of complex, bespoke machinery used in a variety of sectors including the process, power, and food industries. Due to a combination of winning new orders and conducting an extensive new product development phase we are looking to recruit three temporary buyers, each for a minimum of 6 months, with a realistic chance of the roles becoming permanent.
What the role will involve:
- Working within their ERP/MRP systems you will be buying commodities for a variety of projects and orders, through a pre-existing supply chain.
- You will be buying a variety of components and parts from fabrications to bolts, and electrical components to conveyors.
- Working within a pre-defined buying process you will also get involved in expediting through the supply chain when needed.
- You will also be the point of contact for the suppliers you have ordered through.
There are established channels to manage up any issues.
- Working in the office for the first 2-4 weeks to be properly inducted, the role will then move to remote working, with 2 days a week in the office on a rota basis.
- The company have confirmed that they will adopt a hybrid working pattern after Covid restrictions have been lifted.
This will be 2 days a week at home and 3 in the office.
What we are looking for in the Candidate:
- Buying experience, ideally within a manufacturing / engineering environment.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in using ERP/MRP systems – this could be MS Dynamics, SAP, JDE etc.
- Ideally experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings would be a real advantage.
What we can offer the successful candidate:
- A 6 month contract with a realistic chance of a permanent role (70%+) at the end of the initial period.
- Training on their ERP/MRP system and their products.
- £30-£32k competitive salary, plus paid holiday.
- A desk in the office as well as remote working and confirmed hybrid working post Covid restrictions.
For more information, please hit the apply button, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you back.
- Start: 22/07/2021
- Duration: 6 MONTH
- Rate: Â£15 to Â£17 Per: hour
- Location: Birmingham,England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
- Contact: Chris Deverson
- Tel: 0116 254 5411
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: V-56958
- Posted: 2021-07-22 14:26:46 -
- View all Jobs from Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
More Jobs from Precision Recruitment UK Ltd
- Project Manager
- Technical Sales Engineer (M6 Corridor)
- Engineering Design Manager
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Mechanical Fitter
- Installation Engineer
- Quality Manager
- trainee welder
- MIG Welder
- assembly operative
- Fire Damper Tester - North West
- Fire Damper Tester - M25/Essex
- Kitchen Grease Extract - London South
- Recruitment Consultant
- Business Development Executive
- Construction Project Manager
- Recruitment Resourcer