Trademark Paralegal - London
Salary £25,000 - £30,000
As a mid-level of the formalities team, you would be working directly with the partners and trade mark associates, with light supervision from the senior formalities manager, to provide the team with the day-to-day formalities support for major international trade mark portfolios, as well as some smaller client accounts.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Handling high volume of UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO registry correspondence relating to trademarks and designs, filing and updating records database with deadlines and reminders as instructed by fee earners.
- Completing and submitting registry forms for new trade mark and design applications, oppositions, cancellation actions, assignments, renewals and other registry filings at UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO.
- Assisting with updating and creating reports from records database generally, setting up new accounts for access to the database for clients and providing them with training on its use.
- Preparing schedules of case/portfolio status reports and maintaining action lists, including attending client calls and meetings to note new actions.
- Opening new client and matter files for registry matters.
- Initial handling all other correspondence from foreign associates relating to new trade mark and design applications, oppositions, cancellation actions, assignments, renewals and other registry activity, and updating records database and implementing administrative tasks on such matters as requested by fee earners.
- Docketing Deadlines on our Electronic System (IPPO & WebTMS)
- Preparing and filing invalidity and revocation actions
(Supported by the partner)
- General anti-counterfeiting work, including attending anti- counterfeiting and border force events
- Researching matters of law and practice and building the same into their work output
- Experience in trade mark formalities, either in-house or private practice.
- Good knowledge of UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO practice and procedures.
- Strong IT skills - preferably knowledge of WebTMS trade mark database and some Excel and Trademark Now knowledge useful.
- Proactive, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Client service focused.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Self-organised and able to prioritise and juggle a busy workload.
- Team worker.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Sales Executive - Commercial Insurance
- Nursery Practitioners - Level 3 and Senior Practitioner
- Digital Project Manager
- Countryside Operatives
- Delivery Driver
- Re-let property operative Operatives / Team leaders
- Branch Manager
- Care Assistant
- Care Coordinator
- Marketing Manager
- Associate/Legal Director - Regulatory - Safety, Health and Environment
- Solicitor - Commercial Litigation Property Damage
- Fibre Field Engineer
- Vehicle Technician
- MOT Tester
- PDR Technician
- Panel Technician
- PR & Social Media Executive
- Head of Procurement