Director of Engineering, Remote  (Digital/Outsourcing)
Director of Engineering, Remote (Digital/Outsourcing) - Remote/UK
£130 to £140k basic + bonus + stock options
My client, a digital start-up AI Software Builder, that specialises in building, maintaining and running bespoke software for their customers, making it faster, more accessible and less expensive for everyone to bring their ideas to life.
They are very keen to hire a Director of Engineering who is a multi-sector professional with experience working in the UK and South Asia within Professional Services, Finance, Banking and/or Media Publishing and the ideal candidate must be a master of their domain in cloud based DevOps.
Last year they secured $29.5m of funding to scale our growth in Europe.
They already have three offices in LA, Delhi, and London and recently hit 250 employees globally.
A key focus for them this year is to significantly grow their London operation.
We're looking for humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp VP/Director of Engineering who can teach us a thing or two.
We promise to return the favour.
You will need to drive technical vision and provide leadership for a group of DevOps engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment.
Our selection process will emphasize technical and architectural skills as well as leadership/management/organizational skills equally.
You must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises.
We are looking for someone who's is equally comfortable leading by influence or authority.
We are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product astute product management leaders.
Why We Need This Role
We are looking for a lead-of-leads to manage the engineering department and team leaders.
You will bring modern development practices and be responsible for the progress and continues improvement of the quality of the deliverables for the engineering team.
We are looking for a leader to help us achieve and maintain maximum potential in areas of scale, security, fiscal efficiency and fault tolerance.
This includes everything from authentication to authorization service to programmatic cross cloud resource initiation, orchestration and continuity.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to build both, an organization and DevOps vision, nearly from the ground up.
Only join this role if you are craving rapid growth, able to create a path in unchartered territory, and comfortable with trying, failing and course-correcting fast.
Requirements (You don't need to tick all to apply)
* Strong technical leadership experience in globally geo distributed environments
* Deep understanding of technology landscape
* 12 plus years solid experience in Internet Infrastructure, including at least 4-5 years in cloud based DevOps environment
* 5 plus years of relevant experience managing large, fast-paced and dynamic DevOps engineering teams
* A proven track record of managing successful high-capacity, large-scale, internet-based product platforms/architectures
* Capable of technical deep-dives, networking, cloud services, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with senior technical or executive leadership
* Comfortable recruiting and leading technical leads and a global team of very bright, experienced engineers capable of working on projects and at scale unlike any other theyve encountered
* Very experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies
* Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
* Expert understanding of Engineering, DevOps and cloud computing fundamentals
* Expert understanding of AWS services
* Strong automation and CI / CD experience
* Strong infrastructure security, AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting) and secret management expertise
* Solid experience with containerized applications/orchestration and serverless functions
* Experience in high SLA environments
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Deputy Nursery Manager
- Home Insurance Consultant
- Travel Insurance Consultant
- Pipe Fabricator
- CNC Milling Programmer/Setter/Operator
- Product Manager (Delivery/Customer Service) -  Remote/UK/USA
- Snr Technical Architect, Remote (React or Ruby)
- Early Years Practitioner
- Revit / Architectural Technician
- Regional Field Manager
- Master Vehicle Technician
- Vehicle Workshop Controller
- Junior Communications Executive
- Marketing Copywriter
- Marketing Campaign Executive
- HR Business Partner
- Class 2 Tanker Driver
- Drainage Engineer
- Class 1 Tanker Driver