Monday – Friday 07:45 – 16:05 (45 Minutes for lunch)
The Stores Person is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of the General & Maintenance Stores.
- Appropriate literacy and numerical reasoning skills to enable efficient operation of stores facility
- Experience within maintenance
- Previous experience within Stores
- Ability to communicate
- IT proficient
- Experience using SAP
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality procedures
- Coordinate the general stores team to operate the stores facilities in a safe, environmentally compliant and efficient manner in line with quality specifications so as to maximise the sites potential profitability while complying with internal rules and policies and external regulations
- To receive stores items from suppliers, check compliance with order, put them away in correct stores location and deal with the associated paperwork according to laid down procedures
- To issue store items to site personnel in an efficient manner
- To maintain accurate stock levels in computer system, carrying out stocktaking in line with accounting rules and procedures
- Provide administration support for the general stores service, address issues arising, ensure the automatic ordering system is working efficiently and processing ad hoc order orders as required using the procurement system
- Support the administration of master data for the SAP stock control system, adjusting re-order points and quantities, planning types, material creation and other activities as required
- Liaise with Business Services personnel regarding invoice and order queries, using the invoice tracking tool
- Liaise with maintenance administration personnel regarding supplier order discrepancies and other non-conformances
- To update computer stock records system with both user issues and receipts
- To sort and distribute post across the site, and prepare post for dispatch from site
- To develop, oversee and operate systems for physical and electronic stock management of engineering spares in satellite storage locations, in accordance with company procedures
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping of the stores and adjacent areas reporting any defects or safety issues identified
- Communicate effectively with line management, other departments and contractors to ensure the safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation of the stores
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers.
We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union.
Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications.
For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss
More Jobs from PROMAN
- Machine Operator/Warehouse Operator
- Warehouse Operative JD NEW SHIFTS ADDED
- Class 2 driver Days
- Warehouse Operative (Parcel Sorter)
- HGV LGV CLASS 2 Cat C Driver
- HGV (new pass) Class 2 Delivery Driver
- HGV Class 2 Cat C Driver
- FORKLIFT TRUCK DRIVER
- Warehouse Operative (Nights)
- Warehouse Operative (Automotive)
- Warehouse Operative (Automotive)
- Mechanical Development Support Engineer
- Procurement Admin Assistant
- Senior Electronics Engineer
- Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Production Operative (12 hour days)
- Assembly Operative
- Production Operative
- Customer Support Co-ordinator
- Warehouse Operative