Pension Plan Accountant
Are you an organised, adaptable self-starter with a strong desire to be an influential part of a successful team?
An exciting role has emerged for an experienced pension scheme accountant to join the friendly and dynamic pension accounts team in our client's Birmingham or Glasgow office on a permanent basis.
The Accounting Team is responsible for the production of financial reporting for a broad portfolio of pension scheme clients.
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified, or equivalent qualification and / or experience.
- Strong working knowledge of pension scheme accounts.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Rational problem solver.
- Establishes great working relationships with key stakeholders to enhance quality of service.
- Preparation of client annual Pension Scheme Trustee Report and Accounts and supporting workings in line with latest SORP.
- Work collaboratively with team members across locations, partners, consultants and administrators.
- Manage audit relationship, resolve queries and ensure audit sign off.
- Ensure compliance with statutory deadlines and deadlines specified within client agreements.
- Draft Trustees report for consultants to review.
- Maintain nominal and investment ledgers for each client in order to prepare financial statements.
- Liaise with Investment Managers and Global Custodians to ensure investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and Scheme accounting policies.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements (where relevant).
- Assist with cash flow forecasting, management accounts and budgeting (where relevant).
- Complete and submit ONS returns (where relevant).
A highly competitive salary.
Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13701
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- Legal Counsel
- Enterprise Security Architect
- Solution Data Architect
- WEB CONTENT DEVELOPER
- BUSINESS ANALYST – CUSTOMER RECTIFICATIONS
- Content Creation Lead
- DIGITAL PRODUCT OWNER
- INVESTMENT WRITER
- NQ Solicitor
- LEGAL COUNSEL (COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS)
- LEGAL COUNSEL
- PEGA Solutions Analyst
- Lead Digital Business Analyst
- Lead Digital Business Analyst
- EMEA ACCOUNTANT
- Marketing Manager - Europe
- Transitions Analyst
- Scrum Master
- Business Analyst