Fabric Technician - London - £30k - Permanent
A client of mine in Central London is looking for a Fabric Technician/Handyman to join them on a permanent basis to undertake the fabric tasks and assist with maintenance and repair of the building as required under the service contract.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Carry out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
- General duties may include lamp changing, minor plumbing works, painting, moves and changes.
- Taking full responsibility and ownership of all fabric tasks assigned to you within your trade and competency set
- Liaising with the helpdesk on a daily basis to ensure calls are closed off in accordance with the contract specification.
- To provide cover and assistance to the contract engineers as required.
- Control of water testing regimes and upkeep of the waterlog book.
- Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests.
- Notification of any complaints/discrepancies with the contract premises
- Escort duties to Sub contractors and suppliers as required and in line with authorisation.
- City & Guilds qualification or equivalent in relevant & related discipline (essential)
- Knowledge of and experience in BMS/ Generator/Controls/Lighting Systems/ACOPS L8 (desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Building Services Maintenance (essential)
- To be a ‘team player' within the office and contract
- Helping colleagues, as and when necessary, especially to meet deadlines.
- Contribute effort towards Company Vision and Mission and observe Company values when actioning your objectives.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Platinum Facilities as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the Company, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team's performance.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others' health, safety and security as defined in the Platinum Facilities Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using security systems within the workplace according to Company guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and understanding such activities in a way that manages those risks.
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Reporting potential risks identified.
To apply for this position please submit your up to date CV via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Karen Otton on 02392 314795.
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Category & Operations Manager
- Quality Operational Excellence Support & Services Manager
- Quality Operational Excellence Services Manager
- Chemical Process Engineer
- EC&I Technician
- Contract Marine Test Engineer
- Product Assurance Marine Test Engineer
- Multi Skilled Technician
- Multi Skilled Technician
- Python Developer (DevOps)
- CAT Project Coordinator -
- Property Manager
- Vice President Pharmaceutical & Technology Development
- Programme Planner- 5186478
- Senior Rail Planner
- Principal Civil Structural Engineer
- Senior Bing Market Readiness Program Manager - 111811-1
- Commissioning Technician
- Conveyancing Assistant