Night Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Nights) - Widford, Herts
Location: Ashview Nursing Home, Ware Road, Widford, Nr.
Ware, Herts, SG12 8RQ
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £16.30 to £19.00 per hour (depending on experience) - with paid breaks this is equivalent to £35,599 to £41,496 per annum
Hours: 39 hours per week, 8pm to 8am, Monday to Sunday
We need you now, they need you always...
At Westgate Healthcare we know our success depends not just on the happiness of our residents, but also on the happiness of our staff.
We are currently looking for individuals to join our team who have a genuine interest in helping others, a can-do attitude and are happy to go that extra mile just to make someone’s day. No two days will be the same, so if you love to make others smile and want to make a positive impact to the lives of our residents, this may be the position for you.
Ashview Nursing Home is a charming 32 bedded care home with a team who really do work as one family to support their elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs.
It is a delightfully picturesque home situated on the outskirts of the village of Widford, between Much Hadham and Ware.
We are also an ‘A rated’ sponsor with the Home Office and can offer Tier 2 sponsorship for overseas Nurses with an active NMC PIN.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme with instant cash rewards
- Great induction and on-going training
- Career progression and support in achieving nationally recognised qualifications
- Immediate start available (subject to DBS and references)
- 28 days holiday entitlement (pro-rata if part time), bank holiday pay enhancements, contributory pension scheme, free DBS (refunded upon completion of probation period), free uniform, long service awards and access to discounts from hundreds of nationwide high street and online stores through the Blue Light Card
The Registered Nurse must take responsibility alongside the Home Manager for ensuring high standards of professional practice which meet the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the residents, and they should act as a quality assurance champion, working with staff and residents to pioneer best practice and outcomes within the Home.
The focus of the role is to provide leadership on issues relating to clinical excellence, working within the defined company policies and procedures.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Support the Home Manager to effectively implement Company and Home policies and procedures and ensure that these policies and procedures are upheld at all times
- Work ‘on the floor’ as a Nurse to lead by example and monitor staff in the Home on a daily basis, reporting findings to the Home Manager
- Ensure that residents rights, needs and preferences are respected at all times and in a non-discriminatory fashion
- Ensure that residents are safeguarded from physical, verbal, financial or material, psychological or sexual abuse, neglect, discriminatory abuse or self-harm, inhuman or degrading treatment, through deliberate intent, negligence or ignorance, in accordance with written policies
- Work with other Nurses to order and maintain an appropriate supply of medication for the residents, ensuring that it is stored, administered and recorded appropriately
- Ensure that the residents have access to key medical, social and other care workers as required
- Carry out agreed procedures for improvement of the nursing services and the reduction of cross infection
- Delegate tasks and monitor performance to ensure a high quality of service delivery
- Work with Nurses and Managers to ensure staff are inducted appropriately
- Have full knowledge of and take responsibility to ensure adherence to infection control policies and procedures of the Department of Health and the Company at all times
- In this post you will be required to work in line with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines, NMC code of conduct and relevant legislation.
- Right to live and work in the UK (we can offer sponsorship for those who require a Tier 2 visa, subject to meeting Home Office requirements)
- Recognised qualification as Registered Nurse
- Hold valid and current NMC registration and PIN, or be in process of obtaining NMC PIN (including having met NMC eligibility and English language requirements)
- Previous experience working as a Registered Nurse is preferable, although candidates who are new to Nursing will also be considered
- Previous experience in a care home environment or in working with the elderly is preferable, but not essential
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in and lead a team
- Applicants must have a desire to care for others and be compassionate and flexible
Come and make a difference with the team at Westgate Healthcare! #CareWithUsAtWestgate
For more information on adult social care jobs with Westgate Healthcare visit our website www.westgatehc.co.uk
Due to a high volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age."
More Jobs from The Talent Hub
- Domestic Assistant
- Care Assistant - Days
- Outreach Support Worker
- Days - Senior Care Assistants
- Community Support Worker
- Night Care Assistant
- Part Time Maintenance Technician
- Reablement Support Workers / Hospital Discharge Carers
- Residential Childcare Worker
- Registered Nurse
- Healthcare Assistant
- Marketing Manager (PPC & SEO)
- Laundry Assistant
- Head of HR / People
- In-House Recruitment Manager
- Administrator - Fixed Term Contract
- Care Home Administrator - Fixed Term Contract