Project Engineer - Milton Keynes
Helping their clients tackle complex challenges in the built environment by combining innovative thinking, collaborative problem solving and a passion for expanding the boundaries of the possible.
* Building Performance: Renowned for their expertise in engineering modelling and analysis.
They offer a range of services to help create buildings that are more efficient sustainable, comfortable to inhabit and resilient to natural disasters.
* Climate Engineering: They help ensure projects fit their climatic context.They identify factors that can be leveraged or moderated to make the built environment safe, hospitable, and sustainable.
* Environmental Engineering: Their experts provide the highly specialized support you need to assess impact, meet, and exceed regulatory requirements, strengthen stewardship, and fulfil the expectations of all stakeholders around environmental responsibility.
* Modelling and reporting on the internal building physics and fluid flow within tall buildings, as well as assisting senior staff with development tasks.
* Planning and coordinating all technical aspects of assigned projects.
* Solving challenging fluid flow design problems in consultation with engineering, architectural and industrial clients.
* Conducting fluid flow modelling, data collection, analysis, post-processing, interpretation, and documentation of engineering results.
* Consulting with and answering technical questions from engineers and architects.
* Writing technical project reports that present the methodology, results, and recommendations.
* Providing advice on technical problems and following the appropriate QA/QC procedures.
* Working under the general supervision of senior staff with considerable latitude for the exercise of independent judgement.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
* Experience: 1 - 2 yrs.
* Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Civil, Mechanical, Structural, Aerospace Engineering, Maths or Architecture a related technical discipline.
* A strong understanding of the fundamental physics of fluid flow, heat, and mass.
* Demonstrated initiative, independent problem-solving methods/capabilities, exceptional coordination, and consultation skills.
* An ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment to provide practical solutions with minimal supervision, while multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
* Advanced writing skills including experience preparing consultative reports.
* Experience creating simplified models to simulate complex systems.
* Experience interpreting and working with architectural, structural, or mechanical drawings.
* Strong people and team skills as well as highly motivated.
Can work remotely with clients and internal teams across multiple time zones.
Candidates required with the following experiences:
* Knowledge of curtain wall, fenestration, or HVAC systems in residential or commercial applications.
* A knowledge of HVAC systems and ASHRAE standards.
* Advanced level Microsoft Excel capabilities.
* Programming/scripting experience (Python, C#, VBA, C++).
* Experience using CAD software packages.
* Experience with building simulation software (CONTAM, IES, Energy Plus).
* Experience working within open-source operating systems (Linux).
* Professional work experience.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Weekend Showroom Host
- Retail Vehicle Technician Chelmsford
- Nursery Practitioner
- 7.5 tonne Bulk Driver
- Snr UX Designer/ Strategist, Remote
- Head of Testing/Transformation (Consultancy)
- Product Manager (Delivery/Customer Service)
- Motion Designer
- Car Sales Executive
- Vehicle Valeter Chelmsford
- Digital Enquiry Agent
- Payroll Officer
- Night Nurse
- Service Manager
- Deputy Manager Registered Nurse
- Night Nurse
- Night Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Lead Technical Architect (React or Ruby/AWS)
- Registered Nurse