Children's Support Worker
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Children's Support Worker to work within a specialist Residential Home, based in Cambridgeshire!
APPLICANT MUST DRIVE AND HAVE ACCESS TO A VEHICLE
*Do you know someone who would be interested in this role? We offer a £250 referral bonus per successful candidate that is referred
Salary per annum: £22,389 pa
Hours and length of contract:
- Full Time hours: 3 week rotating shift pattern, mixture of shifts as below:
- 10:00 - 20:00
- Sleep Ins
- The manager is looking for the position to be filled ASAP
The client is a charitable trust that provides residential care and education for young men aged 15-18 with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and associated challenging behaviours in addition to a history of sexual behaviour.
The aim of the service is to help the young men learn how to maintain socially and legally acceptable standards of behaviour so that they can resume independent living.
The residential home work in conjunction with the on-site independent school which provides intervention work such as focused therapy groups.
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the boys and helping them to recognise and reduce the risks and threats that they have faced and that they represent
- Ensure that young people are encouraged to undertake their Programme and monitoring their whereabouts.
- Providing support in education when the community is settled.
- Ensure all notes and records are kept up to date
- Ensure that the young people's bedrooms are to an appropriate standard - empty bins, make beds, laundry etc
- Give medication when required
- Support young people with any appointments they may have or may need to make- doctors/ dentist/ opticians/ bank etc.
This may be taking the young person for appointments
Based in a beautiful rural location set in 3 acres of gardens.
Applicant must be a driver due to location.
- 266 hours annual leave, including Bank Holidays
- Support to complete NVQ L3 Diploma in Residential Childcare if not already obtained
- Paid Lunch break & meals provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- On site parking
- Thorough induction and training
- Life insurance and company pension scheme
The successful candidate will need to have NVQ Level 3 or be working towards it.
Recent relevant experience within a care setting is essential and you must be DBS cleared.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Emma at SCS on 01772 208963 or send across your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: Up to £22389 per annum + pension, annual leave, training
- Location: Cambridge, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Tel: 01772 208963
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2021-08-10 14:50:31 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Mental Healthcare Assistant
- Environmental Health Officer
- Building Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor
- Deputy Manager
- Leaving Care Personal Advisor
- Social Worker
- Planning Lawyer
- Registered Nurse
- Band 6 RMN
- Planning And Assessment Social Worker
- Social Worker - Children and Families
- Home Care Assistant
- Relief HEART Responder
- Band 5 Community Nurse
- Service Manager
- Machine Operative
- Band 5 Server Engineer
- Humber Service Desk analayst
- CNC Operator