Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Mechanical Engineer .
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support project-based engineering activities, using skills and experience to assist in the development of Mechanical systems based products
- Conducting all activities in a professional manner delivering Mechanical design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones
- Conducting a wide range of activities including feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project or business requirements.
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation.
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients.
- Preparation and submission of technical proposals and tenders as directed by bid manager in order to provide costed proposals for future work.
- Maintain accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken.
- When appropriate, the supervision of undergraduates or young persons assigned for training to assist in the development of their knowledge and skills.
- Promoting the skill areas capabilities and department to attract new work.
- Responding to any new requirements which management request for new work or business need.
Key skills & qualifications
- Ability to undertake assigned tasks using engineering knowledge and experience, working individually or employing expertise from the immediate team or from other subject matter experts.
- Competent to act as Design Authority (DA) for Mechanical systems when authorised by both the System Design Authority.
- Acknowledged practitioner in the broad discipline of Mechanical Systems Engineering and its integration with others, capable of managing and supporting a design solution through the full Engineering Lifecycle, with a working knowledge of some Lifecycle phases and the ability to act as an internal Design and Phase Review Assessor.
- A good understanding of engineering principles and techniques and will be familiar with product safety requirements.
- Proactive continuation of professional development.
What we're looking for in you
Degree level of education, or an equivalent level of competence with appropriate training and significant proven engineering experience.
Demonstrates the competencies required of Chartered and/or Incorporated Engineer described within the EC UK Standard for Professional Engineering.
Membership of an appropriate Institution, e.g.
Institution of Electrical Engineers, would be desirable
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £35.53 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from aap3 All About People
- Data Analyst- Reporting
- Lead Contingent Worker
- Buisness Analyst - eCommerce
- Engineering Team Lead
- Senior Systems Engineer
- TSG Instructional Designer
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Finance Assistant - Accounts Receivable
- MCAD Designer
- Principal Engineer
- Commercial Manager
- Senior Project Planning, Monitoring & Control Professional
- Principal Engineer - Systems
- Product Development Engineer
- Materials Controller
- Energy Programme Manager
- Multi Cloud Technical Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Finance Assistant
- Multi Cloud Consultant - AD