£25,000 - £30,000
My Client is looking to recruit an experienced upholsterer who will be responsible for developing the technical aspect of the role.
As part of the design and development team, you will be reporting to the development manager and will be directly involved in design stages of the products.
You will be tasked to focus on the re-development projects and enhancements as well as the continuous improvement exercises that the company is starting to inherit.
- To be directly involved with the developments of new and existing product ranges
- To develop patters/templates of frames, foams and fabric to a high standard that can be followed and understood by the production team
- To fulfill all upholstery tasks to a high standard, using both modern and traditional techniques
- Use a range of hand tools
- To be involved with the continuous improvement projects to increase efficiency, productivity and cost effectiveness
- To follow and implement health and safety procedures
- To be able to see a product through the complete production process
- Assist with any technical product issues
- At least 5 years’ upholstery experience showing a high degree of development skill
- Must be able to have excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of the engineering process to help adapt and change processes
- Must be practical, dexterous and have great hand-eye co-ordination
- To be self-motivated, disciplined and passionate about the position
- Must have great interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment
My Client is a progressive business with a firm standing within the industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for any skilled upholsterer willing to develop their skills within the industry.
The company is a great place to work for, with a real family culture.
They offer excellent working conditions, first class training and the opportunity to develop your skills and progress your career for those wanting to realise their ambitions.
They also offer highly competitive pay as well as other fantastic benefits which include a fully subsidised canteen and regular social events.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 24 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Ongoing Personal Development
- Personal Company Medical Plan
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Life Assurance
- Family Fun Day
- Social Events
- Long Service Award
- Free Parking
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers.
We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union.
Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications.
For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss
- Start: ASAP but willing to wait notice
- Rate: Â£25k - 30k per year
- Location: Blackburn, Lancashire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: PROMAN
- Contact: Adam Lang
- Tel: 0161 746 3311
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0000579856
- Posted: 2021-08-13 15:01:51 -
- View all Jobs from PROMAN
More Jobs from PROMAN
- Warehouse Operative Sunday to Wednesday
- Production Operative (Automotive)
- Production Operative
- Maintenance Operator - Part time
- Production Operative 4 on 4 off
- Senior Maintenance Technician
- Account Manager (Industrial Recruitment)
- PRODUCTION OPERATIVE
- Line Leader
- Line Leader
- Packing Operative
- Order Picker - Days
- Warehouse Operative JD Attendance Bonus
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Production Operative
- Development Process Technician
- Cleaner Part Time
- Electronics Component Buyer
- Warehouse Operative