Civil Engineer ( Rail )
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Civil Engineer ( Rail ) to join our team in Manchester.
Job Title - Civil Engineer ( Rail )
Salary: £30 000 - £38 000
You will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of a wide array projects.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environments and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning.
Some of your roles and responsibilities include:
What you'll be doing:
- Preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the Capita's quality management system.
- Resolving technical civil engineering issues.
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Scope and supervise surveys.
- Opportunity to work under mentorship to develop and undertake CRE responsibilities on Rail projects.
- Becoming familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote Capita's SHEW culture within your team.
What we're looking for:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- Working towards Chartership or Incorporated professional status with the ICE or IStructE.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
- A minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience in the design.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
More Jobs from McGinley Support Services
- Salaried GP in Northampton, up to £11,000 per session
- Salaried GP or Partner - £10,500 per session, Medway, Kent
- Salaried GP Hull, up to £11,000 per session
- Salaried GP, view to partnership, Portsmouth, £11K per session
- Salaried GP, Norfolk Up to £11,000 per session
- Retail Site Manager - Nights
- Salaried GP or Partner £10,500 per session, Ashford, Kent
- Skilled Labourer/Groundworker Labourer
- Senior Bridge Engineer
- Senior Highways Engineer
- Development Control Engineer
- Technical Supervisor
- Parking and Sustainable Travel Manager
- Parking Design Engineer
- Salaried GP Partner, Leominster, Up to £10,500 per session
- Salaried GP Trainer, Gravesend, Kent Up to £11,500 per session
- Long Term Locum - £700 per day, Andover