Senior Building Surveyor
Are you a Senior Building Surveyor who's comfortable with most aspects of the Surveying Job?
Are you looking to move forward with your career and work with an established company?
Do you have extensive experience when it comes to Building Surveying?
If the above sounds like you, then you've come to right place! We're looking for Building Surveyors in the Newcastle/North Tyneside area - our Client wants experienced, skilled people to join their successful team.
You will be working with the Local Government on Major Projects across North Tyneside.
The role and responsibilities
Due to continuing growth, vacancies have risen for Senior Building Surveyors in North England.
The successful candidate will join a long established, multi-disciplinary team and work alongside other surveyors and senior professionals.
The workload will be varied and will cover both public & private sectors.
Our strong pipeline of work is based upon repeat basis combined with new wins, with our strength being the support of our Health, Education & Local Government clients.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead & develop detailed briefs in conjunction with the client and senior colleagues.
- Establish & maintain client relationships.
- Support business development activities by senior colleagues.
- Carry out site surveys (including measured surveys, condition surveys & defect analysis)
- Carry out design and specification work and preparing tender information
- Administering building contracts (JCT &/or NEC)
- Undertake all aspects of professional surveying work (including Condition Surveys, Specific Defect Analysis, PW work, dilapidations, Access Audits & FRAs)
- Liaise with Clients, Contractors & other consultants (internal & external)
- Assist the team leader with project finances, recruitment, mentoring and team leadership.
- BSc in Building Surveying or equivalent.
- MRICS or MCIOB.
- Have several years' experience of advising on commercial, healthcare or educational properties either in public or private sector.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with Clients and colleagues.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Good AutoCAD and/or REVIT skills.
- Experience of dilapidation and party wall work.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work and willingness to travel/stay away from home for short periods as may be required.
- Team player.
- IT literate.
- Experience of working on a range of commercial buildings, including education, retail, office, health or transportation projects.
- Experience of working within the private and/or public sectors.
- Good understanding of the Building Regulations and their implication for design and surveying of buildings.
- Understanding of education funding applications (CIF)
- Use of NBS Specification Manager, NBS Contract Administrator, Excel, Word MS Project, AutoCAD, Kycloud (or similar)
- A competitive basic salary.
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years' service and 27 after 5 years) plus Bank Holidays with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
Reasons to Join the Company
Appropriate candidates should be attracted to the role at Capita for some or all the following reasons: -
- You would be joining one of the largest north-east based Building Consultancies, with a well-established and respected Building Surveying team with a strong client base across the whole of the north of England.
- There are strong career opportunities in the Northern region and across the Capita group nationwide, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
- The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business.
Ambition is expected and rewarded.
- The company invests heavily in its people, recognising that its staff members are its most valuable asset.
Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a varied and exciting range of projects both locally and nationally from a broad spectrum of sectors.
More Jobs from McGinley Support Services
- Senior Bridge Engineer
- Senior Highways Engineer
- Development Control Engineer
- Technical Supervisor
- Parking and Sustainable Travel Manager
- Parking Design Engineer
- Salaried GP Partner, Leominster, Up to £10,500 per session
- Salaried GP Trainer, Gravesend, Kent Up to £11,500 per session
- Long Term Locum - £700 per day, Andover
- Community Support Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Principle Town Planning Consultant
- Senior Town Planning Consultant / Officer / Urban Planner
- Telescopic Forklift Operator
- Town Planning Consultant / Officer / Urban Planner
- Salaried GP - £10,000 per session - Littlehampton
- General Labourer
- Agency HCA up to £20 per hour pay in Bury