HGV Vehicle Technician - Late shift
Late shift HGV Vehicle Technician
Competitive Salary Depending on Experience
As one of the UK's largest independently-owned commercial vehicle workshop operators, our client supports its customer base across the eastern counties, providing a full support solution from 13 dealer points.
They are an established Scania dealer where the premium quality of the products they sell is reflected right the way through their business - providing a diverse level of aftersales support for all makes of HGV, passenger vehicles, vans and agricultural and industrial vehicles.
They now have a vacancy for a HGV Technician to work amongst the existing team at their Milton Keynes branch.
This position will be responsible for maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to MOT standard.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
· Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standard
· Diagnose and rectify all types of faults
· Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer's premises
· Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
· Liaise with the parts department to attain relevant parts
· Ensure health and safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
· Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
· Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
· Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
· Technical qualification (City and Guilds level 3 or NVQ qualified technician)
· Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure and seek solutions to problems
· Excellent communication skills
· Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
· Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements Computer literate
· Current drivers licence
· HGV licence and Fork lift licence (desired, not essential)
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Experience on Scania product (desired, not essential)
· Main dealer workshop experience (desired, not essential)
If you are looking for a competitive salary and possess the above skill set then forward your CV as soon as possible.
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Global Brand Manager
- Middle Weight Graphic Designer
- Bicycle Mechanic
- Full Stack Developer
- Outbound Sales Executive
- MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician
- Policy and Process Analyst
- Car Sales Executive - Purchasing
- Team Administrator - Architecture
- Mid-Weight Interior Designer
- Employment Legal Secretary
- Marketing Manager
- Snr Technical Architect, Remote (React or Ruby)
- Mid/Snr Account Manager, Remote or Hybrid (Product/B2B/SaaS)
- Mid/Snr Product Manager, Remote or Hybrid (Growth/B2B/SaaS)
- AWS Cloud Engineer
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- Mid/Snr Product Manager, Remote or Hybrid (Growth/B2B/SaaS) London
- Remote AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Director Digital Transformation (Sales/Consultancy) Remote