Senior IT Project Manager - Cloud Solutions
Senior Cloud Project Manager
Unique opportunity in the North East to join a major multinational organisation, undergoing significant business and technology transformation.
The position will be focused on delivering major information technology transformation projects on cloud platforms, underpinning major, complex application environments, large-scale distributed workforce and constantly evolving business operations.
This is a Technical Project Management position.
Suitable candidates will possess a background in delivering technical IT builds and implementations and an understanding of IT infrastructure and platforms (including cloud), enabling you to lead infrastructure teams across design, implementation & service readiness activities.
The initial project which you will be managing is a major SaaS CRM implementation, into multiple businesses across the group, managing the third party directly and internal technical teams for data migration etc.
Examples of other inflight and upcoming major projects include;
- Consolidation of over 70 sites into 5 major hubs; LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi.
Operational systems etc.
- End-to-end CCTV solution; implemented across c5000 sites.
Build of cloud solution for data, implementation of network infrastructure etc.
- Many major shifts from On-Premise into Cloud (both Azure and AWS) platforms.
- … and many more!
As a Senior Project Manager you will;
- Support proposals / business cases, consulting at senior level across the group
- Lead initiation activities, working with key stakeholders to understand and define business requirements.
- Construct project plans, with sufficient understanding of the impact of new solutions on existing infrastructure.
- Lead teams of architects & engineers to deliver against the plan.
- Communicate across engineering teams, simplifying complex issues, providing direction at decision points.
- Understand complex IT infrastructure problems, with the ability to simplify the message and key decisions for stakeholders.
Required skills and experience;
- A strong understanding of IT infrastructure technologies, including datacentre, cloud (AWS and/or Azure), networks, EUC etc
- Highly organised, with the ability to construct and manage detailed project plans, identify and manage risks
- Ideally you will have some formal Project Management training and/or industry recognised certification such as Prince2, PMP or other (not essential).
- Confident managing internal and 3rd party technical resources, communicating across technical teams to simplify complex issues and provide direction at decision points.
Based in the Sunderland area.
Paying up to £65,000 + corporate benefits
Flexible, mature working culture.
More Jobs from context recruitment
- .Net Developers - Cloud focused digital agency
- Graduate / Junior Developer
- Android Developers - Mid and Senior Level
- Cloud Project Manager
- AWS DevOps Engineer
- NOC Analyst
- IT Service Management Process Manager – Incident Management
- Project Manager
- Internal Account Manager
- Network Renewals Specialist
- Application Support Team Lead - Oracle EBS
- Group Head of Application Management
- Test Lead
- Product Owner - Business Intelligence
- Provisioning Manager
- Project Delivery Manager
- Advertising Sales Executive
- Project Manager - Cloud & Digital
- Project Administrator
- Linux Support Engineer