Mechanical Fitter - 6 Month Contract (Could go to 12 months) - Days - Manchester
The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing and test tasks within the mechanical department, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Ensure manufacturing build times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members.
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus.
- They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- Manual handling training.
- Lifting & Slinging training (Including overhead cranes).
- ESD training.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Electrical Project Manager
- Junior Security Analyst
- Trading Standards Officer
- Supplier Auditor
- Safety Engineer
- EHS Coordinator
- E&I Technician
- Software Engineer - Machine Learning & Embedded C/C++
- Project Planner
- HR Project Manager
- HR Project Manager - 112888-1
- Adult Social Care Solicitor
- Senior Manager Operational Excellence
- Senior Software Engineer
- Service Desk Analyst
- Workshop Technician
- Graduate Hardware Engineer
- Housing and Disrepair Solicitor/Legal Exec- RQ449865
- Building Manager - Portsmouth