Senior Legal Counsel
An exciting new role has emerged within one of the world's leading pension providers.
The successful candidate must be qualified as a solicitor or advocate/barrister in one or both of Scotland and England and have proven ability to advise and relate to all levels of the business including at executive level.
- Qualified as a solicitor or advocate/barrister in one or both of Scotland and England.
- This role can be based in any of our UK offices, but will require regular travel to Edinburgh, once restrictions allow.
- Proven ability to advise and relate to all levels of the business including at executive level.
- Boasting propositions experience within the Financial Services industry gained either in-house or within private practice.
- You will be an expert in the technical aspects of the pensions legislative and regulatory regime with particular reference to HMRC, DWP and TPR guidelines and practice as well as the different types of pension product that are generally available in the market.
- You will bring a knowledge of other areas of law that impact on the administration of the products that Aegon sells, in particular, ISAs and protection products.
- A strong knowledge of Platforms, trust law and/or how investment funds work would be an advantage but not essential.
- A full range of pro-active specialist legal and technical support, advice, guidance, and recommendations across the UK business units and supporting the pensions products.
- Leading on the review and analysis of current and upcoming legislative and regulatory aspects of pensions, ISAs and protection products and services.
- Providing detailed advice, guidance, and recommendations on the resolution of complex and high value disputes
- Drafting and interpreting complex legal documentation with precision and an understanding of the commercial intent
- Ensuring the Group's contractual documentation with customers, employers and advisers for its pensions and investments business and pension scheme rules and other pension documentation is accurate and of an appropriate standard
- General legal and administrative duties as required.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13797
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users.
For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- Finance Analyst
- Financial Reporting Accountant
- Financial Reporting Consultant
- Financial Reporting Graduate
- Transfer Manager
- TPA Oversight Specialist
- Third Party Oversight
- Specialist Quality Engineer
- NAV Oversight Specialist
- Treasury Analyst
- Settlements Manager
- Senior Communications Consultant
- Corporate Actions Manager
- EMEA ACCOUNTANT
- IT Administration Assistant
- PMO Analyst
- Investment Specialist (International Equities)
- Financial Administrator
- Project Administrator
- Digital Assistant