We have an exciting new contract opportunity that is remote working as a Category Leader.
The role will be an initial 9 month contract and will provide you with managing the end-to-end procurement process across a range of categories such as Professional Services, Consultancy, MRO and Logistics helping to transform how we procure and consume these good and services.
- Providing day-to-day support to sourcing and procurement activities, either through the management of day-to-day routine procurement activities, or by supporting strategic procurement initiatives or projects
- Taking a lead role in the end-to-end procurement lifecycle, from sourcing to contract negotiation / execution and ongoing Supplier Performance and Relationship Management
- Providing challenge into the conventional way of thinking and contracting, to develop innovative, business winning solutions
- Managing and influencing internal stakeholders across the business
- Negotiating on existing and new contracts to ensure best cost / service to the business
- Supporting the business in delivery of key projects as well as leading projects solely
- Analysing current spends and advising on areas of cost savings
- Managing suppliers to ensure there is a professional and effective business relationship
Key skills & qualifications
- Demonstrable track record of Procurement / Commercial acumen
- Multi-site procurement and stakeholder management experience
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and translate complex procurement guidance into simple, straightforward, and practical advice
- Experience of working within a complex supply chain environment such as: large retailers, oil & gas, aerospace, automotive, nuclear etc.
- CIPS qualification or willing to work towards
What we're looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
This role is working from home
Location: Remote working
Rate: £44.30 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from aap3 All About People
- Cost Base Accountant
- Senior Business Analyst - Salesforce
- Supply Chain Principal
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Senior Naval Architect
- Finance Manager
- Sales Development Representative - PropTech,
- BI Developer
- Treasury Accountant
- Sales Account Manager / Executive
- IoT Project Manager
- Senior Server & Storage Engineer
- Project Buyer
- Learning & Development Coordinator
- Electronic Warfare Senior Systems Engineer
- Support Engineer
- Quality Advisor
- HR & Vetting Administrator
- Foundation Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer