24x7 Infrastructure Support Technician
24x7 Infrastructure Support Technician - Poole
Salary: £25k + £5k Shift Allowance + Bonus + Pension + Discount Scheme + Free Car Parking + Flexible Working + Casual Dress Code + Cycle to work Scheme
Hours of Work: 12 Hour Day/Night working 4 days on and 4 days off
Our client are a leading provider of IT solutions, providing services to SME's to sizeable PLC's, local business to international firms.
They are proud of their excellent partnerships with industry vendors Citrix and Microsoft and are the UK's number one Gold Partner with SAP (Business One and ByDesign).
Today, their head office is a state-of-the-art, custom designed technology centre in Poole, which houses many of their professional, experienced, and passionate team of IT specialists.
About the Role:
An experienced, enthusiastic, and versatile individual is required to join an established technical helpdesk team in supporting a full range of IT Infrastructure solutions primarily based around application, desktop, server and storage virtualisation technologies.
Key vendors include Citrix, VMWare, EMC, Microsoft, Dell and HP.
This role involves working a 24x7 Shift Pattern, 12-hour day/night working 4 days on and 4 days off.
Applicants will have at least 3 years' experience working in a technical support capacity, managing their own queues of support incidents, and working to defined SLAs.
* A professional and confident manner
* A strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, Microsoft Active Directory/Group Policies
* Understanding of anti-virus products and technologies
* Understanding of network infrastructure appliances such as routers, switches, and wireless network points
* Accreditation or experience in the majority of the following technical products:
* Microsoft server and desktop operating systems (inc.
* Microsoft RDS
* Microsoft 365 products and services
* VMware ESX Server/VSphere
* Hyper V
* Citrix XenApp/Xendesktop / Netscaler
* EMC SAN solutions
* Sonicwall Firewalls
* Veeam backup solutions
* Storegrid/ Vembu backup solutions
* 3CX Telephony
* N-able product range
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail and ability to think laterally under pressure
* A strong understanding of storage systems (NAS/SAN)
* Accreditation or experience in any of the following technical products/practices:
* Scripting (Powershell)
* Intune/ Conditional Access
* Apple IOS
* Symantec Cloud
* Cisco Networking
* Checkpoint Firewalls
* Ruckus Technologies
* Any Accounts or CRM application
* Microsoft Flow
Qualifications and Certifications
* Degree level education an advantage
* Minimum GCSE or equivalent Maths and English - grade C or above
Important Information: We endeavour to process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner.
In applying for this role, Additional Resources will be acting in your best interest and may contact you in relation to the role, either by email, phone or text message.
It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions the company has put in place to protect your data.
If you would like further information on the policy or GDPR please contact us.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Mid/Snr Account Manager, Remote or Hybrid (Product/B2B/SaaS)
- Mid/Snr Product Manager, Remote or Hybrid (Growth/B2B/SaaS)
- AWS Cloud Engineer
- IT Service Desk Analyst
- Mid/Snr Product Manager, Remote or Hybrid (Growth/B2B/SaaS) London
- Remote AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Director Digital Transformation (Sales/Consultancy) Remote
- Head of Testing/Digital Transformation Leader (Consultancy) Remote
- Snr Fullstack Engineer, Remote
- Snr or Mid-weight Fullstack Engineer/Developer, Remote
- Director Consulting Services (Testing Services)
- Director Consulting Services (Digital Transformation, Data, UX or Testing)
- Business Data Analyst (AWS/Agile) : Remote
- Director Business Consulting (Digital/IT Consultancy)
- Technical SEO Specialist (Remote/Hybrid)
- Product Director, Remote (B2B/Customer Impact)
- UI Front End Developer, Remote or Hybrid
- Data Business Analyst, Home based
- Full stack Engineer within Publishing - Remote