Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
(Maternity cover - 6 months)
3 days per week
£24105 pro rata
Nomad Opening Doors is looking to recruit a dynamic, creative and experienced fundraising and communications professional to take on the role of Coordinator (mat.
cover) in this growing charity.
This is a very exciting time to be part of Nomad which has recently launched its trading arm, Four Trees Lettings and is currently developing project and partnership work across South Yorkshire.
The post holder will-
* Lead, co-ordinate and deliver effective fundraising and marketing for Nomad in order to grow organisational profile and numbers of supporters and diversify our income base.
* Communicate Nomad's messages and campaigns to wide-ranging audiences.
* Manage Nomad's website and social media, maintaining a high quality, up-to-date presence that reflects our services.
* Develop fundraising activities and events in Sheffield.
* Assist the CEO and Head of Services with large grant applications through the provision of
information and marketing literature as required.
* Respond to media enquiries with the support of the CEO.
* Keep clear, up to date records of donations made.
* With support, ensure good practice in data protection of all records.
* Coordinate and analyse data and case studies for the purposes of reporting to the SMT, Board
and to feed into organisational development.
The post holder will-
* Deliver effective marketing practices to raise our local profile.
* Link our work to national campaigns and news stories.
* With the CEO and Head of Service, create good quality marketing
materials for Nomad and support staff and volunteers to use appropriately.
* Be the key owner of Nomad social media accounts and website.
The post holder will -
* Be an active member of the Nomad Team adhering to all policies and procedures.
* Be an ambassador for Nomad Opening Doors.
* Deliver fundraising events with the support of CEO and Head of Services as required.
* Deliver any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
You'll need to show evidence of the following:
* Knowledge of good fundraising practice
* Knowledge of the third sector in Sheffield
* Excellent negotiation and networking skills
* Ability to learn quickly
* Proactive with excellent time keeping
* Confident with communicating our mission to a range of audiences
* Ability to write clearly to a specific brief
* Well organised
* At least 2 years' experience working in fundraising, communications or marketing.
* Demonstrable experience of working to deadlines.
* Experience of planning and monitoring work against targets.
* Significant experience of working in a small team with limited resources.
* Commitment to our mission and purpose.
* Dynamic and innovative.
* Resourceful and flexible
For more information call Steve Rundell on 0114 3210262
A full job description with person spec.
can be found on the Nomad Opening Doors website.
To apply, please submit your CV with covering letter detailing how you meet the skills and experience listed in the person specification.
Closing date for applications 3rd December 2021.
Interviews 13th December 2021 (provisional)
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: £24105 - £24105 Per Annum Pro rata
- Location: Sheffield, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Charities
- Recruiter: Career Kinetics Limited
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: BS-NO-FUND
- Posted: 2021-11-22 13:16:58 -
- View all Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
More Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
- Senior System Field Engineer
- Deputy Network Manager
- Risk Assurance Manager
- Service Charge Analyst
- Supported Housing Officer
- Property Building Surveyor
- Fire Risk Assessor
- Financial Planning Analyst
- Governance and Training Officer
- Data Warehouse Lead
- Drupal Web Developer
- Works Scheduler/Coordinator - Gas Team
- Cleaner - Morning or Afternoon
- Gateway Repairs Team Leader
- Electrical Technician
- Case Manager - Social Housing : Anti Social Behaviour (3 month FTC)
- Health Care Assistant
- Business Intelligence Analyst x 2 (one perm, one 18 mth FTC)
- Sprinkler Service Engineer
- Engineering Design Manager