Engineering Design Manager
This role leads a service which provides specialist highways technical support to the organisation.
They will lead and drive the design, implementation, development, support and monitoring of policies, procedures, frameworks and approaches.
In doing so they will support the achievement of strategic and operational objectives through a focus on quality, value for money and innovation whilst providing organisational assurance.
The role-holder will work in partnership with both internal services and external partners in a manner which is focused on organisational objectives and embraces the principle of joint working.
They will ensure the effective and prioritised deployment of resources to provide reliable information and support to managers and decision makers.
* Lead and manage the Engineering Design team.
Provide leadership and coordination across all design projects.
* Overall responsibility for the portfolio of design works and introducing consistency and standards across design.
* Work in partnership with the Head of PMO and team to introduce project performance reporting.
Overall responsibility for the allocation and management of resources.
* Overall responsibility for the design of multiple schemes including minor highways design, sustainable transport, traffic engineering, cycling & walking, landscape architecture and residents parking.
* Lead on feasibility studies, consultations and surveys.
* Oversee the duties of Principal Designer in accordance with CDM 2015.
* Carry out the duties of the SRO and participate in projects boards.
* Manage, lead and motivate the Engineering Design team, to ensure effective performance is delivered and to support the personal development of the team.
* Promote continuous improvement and innovation across the Engineering Design Team to ensure that work is conducted in a manner that takes into consideration wider stakeholders, political nuance and the long-term strategic aims of the Council.
* Plan and manage own CPD to ensure continuing development of design skills and awareness and understanding of industry best practices.
Manchester City Council is committed to giving fair support to members of the Armed Forces and veterans, whilst recognising and remembering the sacrifices they have made.
The aim of The Armed Forces Covenant is to ensure that the Armed Forces and veterans are not disadvantaged, when applying for vacancies with Manchester City Council.
Armed Forces and veterans will be guaranteed an interview where they meet the Minimum requirements for the role.
Manchester City Council values equality and works to provide a fair and inclusive environment for a workforce that is as diverse as the communities it serves.
We want to further increase the diversity of our workforce, in particular the number of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff and disabled staff at all levels of the Council.
This advert is open to all applicants, and we would particularly welcome applications from candidates identifying with one or both of those characteristics.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £52716 - £56178 Per Annum
- Location: M1 6LT, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Career Kinetics Limited
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MCC416733/NS
- Posted: 2022-01-10 16:15:35 -
- View all Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
More Jobs from Career Kinetics Limited
- Senior System Field Engineer
- Deputy Network Manager
- Risk Assurance Manager
- Service Charge Analyst
- Supported Housing Officer
- Property Building Surveyor
- Fire Risk Assessor
- Financial Planning Analyst
- Governance and Training Officer
- Data Warehouse Lead
- Drupal Web Developer
- Works Scheduler/Coordinator - Gas Team
- Cleaner - Morning or Afternoon
- Gateway Repairs Team Leader
- Electrical Technician
- Case Manager - Social Housing : Anti Social Behaviour (3 month FTC)
- Health Care Assistant
- Business Intelligence Analyst x 2 (one perm, one 18 mth FTC)
- Sprinkler Service Engineer
- IT Support Engineer