Complex Care Support Worker
While this job is hugely rewarding, it really isn't always easy.
Our customers can and do challenge us at times and display distressing behaviours.
You will work in a team to support the customer who may have complex needs, including a moderate learning disability, autism, communication challenges, ADHD, some sensory processing challenges as well as a psychosis.
Yo will help the customer to adapt , transition and settle into living in their first ever home.
Starting salary £20,000 pa Full time (37.5hpw) based on skills and experience rising to £23,000.
Part time (from 15hpw) £10.22 ph.
rising to £11.75.
Additional sleep-in and on-call enhancements, plus brilliant benefits.
You'll work primarily with the customer in their own home in Swindon, as well as assisting them in the community.
Part of a team you'll will help them to overcome barriers and lead a fulfilling and meaningful life.
Our customer needs support 24/7, so you'll take your turn working on a rota basis which includes working days, evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
You'll also be asked to help cover night shift when your permanent nights colleagues are off.
Finally, you could be asked to do a sleep in shift and pay you an enhancement for that.
Day team members 7am-10pm Night workers 9pm-8am.
Flexible shift times.
You're passionate and motivated to assist the customer with any aspect of their day to day living.
You'll be able to work in a person centred and strengths-based way, assisting them to enjoy the best possible quality of life.
You'll help change their life for the better by involving them and their support network in working towards their aspirations.
You'll provide personal care in a strengths-based way to facilitate greater independence, as well as use creative solutions, and assistive technology where available, to support independence.
Ideally, you've worked in a similar job before, and it's important that you're prepared to provide personal care and have experience of helping customers to reach their full potential.
In a perfect world you hold a level 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care (or are prepared to study for this with our support), you have a great knowledge of professional boundaries, safeguarding, risk assessment and working with personalised support plans.
You'll have a great knowledge of professional boundaries, safeguarding, risk assessment and working with personalised support plans and using PBS.
You'll need to have a valid Enhanced Check under the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £20000 - £23000 per annum + Sleep-in & on-call enhancements,
- Location: Swindon, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: First City Recruitment Solutions
- Tel: 01793 619619
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2022-01-13 08:41:49 -
- View all Jobs from First City Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from First City Recruitment Solutions
- Complex Care Support Worker Part time
- Nursing Home Assistant
- Healthcare Assistant
- Reablement Support worker
- Waking Nights Care Assistant
- HR & Recruitment Administrator
- Experienced Support Worker
- Healthcare Assistant - Isle of Wight
- Evening and Weekend Home Carer
- #New Career Pathway #Social Care Jobs
- Children - Support Worker
- Healthcare Assistant - Independent Living Hubs
- Support Worker Days
- Support Worker Waking nights
- Healthcare Assistant
- Complex Care Support Worker
- Education and Careers Coordinator
- Support Worker - Autism & Epilepsy