Commercial Lead - CTC CLEARED
Job Title: Commercial Lead - National Uniform Managed Services
Location: London, UK
Vetting Level: Counter Terror Clearance (CTC)
Government Commercial Organisation Equivalent Grade: Commercial Lead
As the Commercial Lead, you will contribute to delivering Commercial Excellence for the Met, providing a customer-focused service, understanding business needs, and serving as a trusted commercial advisor.
Your responsibilities will also involve collaborating with colleagues within the commercial function to influence and contribute to category strategies impacted by the contract.
Specifically, you will lead the procurement and implementation of the next generation of the National Uniform Managed Services contract, a contract valued at over £100 million and vital to the success of frontline officers.
In this role, your core duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Strategic delivery and management within a category, including developing commercial approaches in line with business needs, category strategies, and market trends.
- Understanding and forecasting demand while developing and maintaining category plans for key spend areas.
- Performing end-to-end strategic sourcing activities, acting as a subject matter expert.
- Advising and providing professional guidance throughout the sourcing process, considering various sourcing models.
- Leading negotiations related to commercial activities and ensuring sourcing compliance and frameworks.
- Supporting contract management of contracts within the relevant category.
- Developing key stakeholder relationships, engaging early with internal stakeholders, and providing commercial advice to stakeholders.
- Collaborating with external stakeholders, including MOPAC, Home Office, and ACPO.
Candidates must demonstrate evidence of the following essential criteria:
- Experience in sourcing and/or implementing large and complex strategic contracts.
- Proven ability to deliver organisational benefits through effective design and implementation of procurement/contract management strategies in a complex commercial environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of Public Contract Regulations and standard sourcing methodologies.
- Track record of developing effective supplier relationships and resolving performance issues without legal recourse.
- Strong project management capabilities, including balancing operational urgencies and important tasks to meet deadlines.
- Experience influencing and effectively communicating with senior stakeholders at all levels.
- Evidence of inspirational and inclusive leadership, fostering a professional culture and building commercial capability within a team.
Candidates with the following qualifications and experiences will be preferred:
- Understanding of the textiles, uniform, or specialist clothing market.
- Experience working within the emergency services.
- CIPS qualification/IACCM certification or working towards them.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to Lewis at Lewis.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Start: asap
- Duration: asap
- Rate: £500 - £600 per day
- Location: City of London, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Consultancy
- Recruiter: Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Contact: Lewis Ashcroft
- Tel: 01772 555530
- Fax: 01772 471473
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2023-09-12 08:41:33 -
- View all Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
More Jobs from Service Care Solutions Ltd
- Housing Solicitor
- Homeless Assessment Officer
- Ofsted Registered Manager
- Legal Secretary
- Housing Support Worker
- Legal Secretary
- Noise and Nuisance Officer
- Senior Support Worker
- Fleet Administrator
- Senior Category Manager
- Education Advisor
- Leaving Care Personal Advisor
- Education Advisor
- Hr Advisor
- Administrative Assistant
- Lettings Viewing Officer
- Independent Prescriber
- Community Psychiatric Nurse