Insurance Director | Qualified ACA or similar | 6 figure salary plus benefits package | Gibraltar
SRGEurope are actively recruiting for a hands on, motivated and commercially minded Insurance Director to join a long standing client facing business with a base on the vibrant and sunny island of Gibraltar.
The Insurance Director must be fully qualified ACA or ACCA or the equivalent and will serve on the Gibraltar Board of Directors.
The appointed Insurance Director will manage the Gibraltar Finance team and lead from the front in a professional manner on all company projects.
The Insurance Director Role and Responsibilities are:
- Working alongside the internal Finance Team and Auditors, to manage the provision of statutory accounts liaising with the Gibraltar regulator and business third parties
- Be familiar with client portfolios, service systems and Insurance Accounting
- Have a proven track record of being able to develop client relationships at both an operational and strategic level
- Experience of working at an International level by way of policies and procedures and applying them
- Guide, develop and grow the Gibraltar business
- Point of contact for the local FSC in Gibraltar
The Insurance Director Profile will be as follows:
- Qualified member of a UK accountancy body (ACA, ACCA) or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Ideally applicants will have trained in Audit or alternatively have an extensive career history in Accounting in Insurance
- Current Insurance and Solvency II accounting knowledge
- Be able to work autonomously
- Insurance industry knowledge is essential
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Energetic, highly motivated and a passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain.
It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family.
We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
Send your CV in response to the ad or contact direct Angelique Pearson, Managing Director, SRGEurope on 00350 200 69999
Skills ACA | ACCA | Insurance Director | Gibraltar | Insurance
More Jobs from SRG
- Senior Executive Bingo
- System Administrator
- Chat Moderator Manager
- Experienced Recruitment Resourcer
- HR Business Partner
- Business Coordinator
- Senior Accountant
- Java Developer
- Management Accountant
- Accounts Assistant
- Senior Software Developer
- Full Stack Software Developer
- Software Manager
- Senior Reporting Analyst
- .Net Developer
- TypeScript Developer
- iOS Developer / Mobile Engineer (Swift)
- Operational Risk Manager
- Compliance Officer
- Head of Compliance