Controls Project Engineer
A long-standing client of Talos' are currently experiencing a significant growth spurt off the back of numerous project wins and are now seeking a number of direct hires to join the business.
Whilst the market has experienced some fluctuation in output over the past 12 months, we are hearing about a lot of positivity in the market which is great news for the city of Detroit and the state of Michigan.
On the note of positivity in the market, our client is seeking a Controls Engineer to join their business on a direct hire basis.
This is a very important position for our client to hire and you will be responsible for developing the control system from when the specification arrives from the mechanical engineer, through control panel design/layout, electrical design, specifying PLC's, documentation, bill of materials etc.
Creating a complete controls package which can then be translated into a working job book for a programmer/installer/technician etc.
Ideally, you will be currently working within a similar position as a controls engineer, control software engineer, control design engineer or electrical controls engineer within automated machinery setting.
You will hopefully have a background in the automotive industry, however the aerospace, medical device, material handling or warehouse automation industries will also be considered.
- Ideally degree educated within the technical engineering discipline.
- Prior experience within designing and developing control systems from the groundup.
- Ability to take the lead on specific controls engineering projects.
- Good knowledge and experience of AutoCAD Electrical or EPLAN for control panel design.
- A technical penchant for PC/PLC/HMI programming preferably on Rockwell or Siemens platforms.
- WinCC & Panelview exposure would be great.
- C#, C++, C: would also be a bonus.
- Start date: Ideally May, if not before.
- L&D opportunities available as well as potential to carve yourself a career path.
For further information, please click ‘Apply' or contact Ben Wiggins at Talos Automation to discuss further.
Talos is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Technical Officer
- Graduate Transport Planner - Cambridge - Up to £28k+
- Senior Recruitment Consultant
- Shipping Solicitor (Commercial Litigation) - Singapore
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant
- Graduate Recruitment Consultant
- Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer
- CSV Specialist
- Senior Fire & Security Engineer
- Security Administration Officer
- Administrator (Facilities Assistant - Weekend)
- Legal & Compliance Administrator
- Commercial Assistant
- Contract Technical Programme Lead
- HR Advisor RQ422240
- Senior Biomedical Engineer - Homebased
- Senior Data Scientist
- Senior Process Engineer
- Senior Analytics Engineer (remote -1 to +3 GMT)
- O365 Data Governance Lead