£25,000 - £28,000
25 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Pension
Groundworks / s278 / Civil Engineering
As a Commercial Administrator your role will be to provide administrative support to the Senior Quantity Surveyor in all financial aspects of projects and contracts.
The role includes offering support to the Senior Quantity Surveyor to allow projects to be safely delivered on time and to budget.
You will be expected to:
- Produce and maintain commercial trackers and change registers to assist the Senior Surveyor.
- Undertake take offs from drawings and obtain information from Specifications to allow the pricing of tenders by others.
At times you may be required to assist with the production of tenders.
- Preparing template contract documents as and when required under the instruction of the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the production of cash flow forecasts for internal expenditure and client purposes.
- Assist in the setting up and monitoring of interim Applications for Payment and liaison between sites and the Project Quantity Surveyor of information the Applications for payment
- Assisting with Site Measures in coordination with the Project Quantity Surveyor.
- Attendance at periodic commercial meetings including production and distribution of meeting minutes both internally and externally when required.
- Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with the client engineers and subcontractors as required.
- Provide support for the Project Quantity Surveyor in terms of data input etc.
- Ensure that work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Work within health and safety at work act of 1974 at all times and in all working areas.
- Ad-hoc tasks may be requested from time to time that is not listed above, but will be required.
- Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
- Perform any reasonable management instruction within time frame requested.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 08:00 am to 16:00 pm, and flexibility with working hours is essential as overtime will be required from time to time.
To be considered for this Commercial Administrator role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- 10 GSCE's grade A-C
- CSCS Card
- Full UK driving licence
- Minimum 2 years Construction/Civil Engineering work experience
- IT Skills: MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Experience in managing subcontract payment process
- Knowledge of building and construction process
- Managing Multiple Workstreams
- Pragmatic approach
- Analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
Personal Attributes & Behaviours:
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional time management - Ability to plan and organise own workload to ensure all deadlines are met
- Must be pro-active and able to multi-task within a busy working environment
- Good commercial awareness
- Exceptional relationship building skills and able to maintain good working relations with key departments and managers to ensure communication is well delivered throughout.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please call Josh Moss on 02392 322389, or email your CV to email@example.com
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Assembly Operator (Production Technician)
- Principal Engineer (Remote -/+3 UTC timezone)
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior C# Software Engineer
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Insurance Claims Assistant (Marine) – North East UK
- Warehouse Assistant
- Senior Logistics Coordinator
- Cyber Security Lead Engineer
- EHS Manager
- Learning and Development Officer- 5173912
- Refrigeration Sales Engineer
- Technical Sales Specialist - 108571-1
- Control Software Engineer
- Assistant Business Relationship Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Property Manager - Hull
- Commercial Channel Marketing Program Manager - 108459-1
- QC Analyst - Micro (12 month FTC)