Senior C# Software Engineer
Senior C# Software Engineer - Newport - £508.50pd Umbrella / £384.37pd PAYE (deemed in scope of IR35) - Initial 6-Month Contract (with a likely extension)
My client is a global leader in the aerospace, space, and defence industry.
They are looking for a self-starting Senior C# Software Engineer with an extensive experience of integration of software components written in C# to join their team on an initial 6-month contract in Newport, Wales.
Important Information: You must hold UK SC level Security Clearance to apply for this role.
Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time, and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by:
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown.
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation.
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design.
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists).
- Integration of software onto the target platform.
- Providing software technical support.
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with several software development methodologies.
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment.
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g., for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development.
- Implementation of Windows application software in C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML.
- Must understand requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation.
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role.
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience of full project lifecycle.
- Experience of Requirements Management (e.g., using DOORS)
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP).
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
- Experience of formal software configuration management.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Sterile Programme Manager
- QA Specialist - Engineering Compliance
- QA Specialist - Audit
- Commercial Business Development Manager - 110185-1
- Assistant Business Partner
- Rail Relay and Repairs Engineering Technician
- Advanced Engineering Production Operative - Rail
- Workshop Technician
- Customer Service Administrator
- Business Analyst - RQ437560
- Digital Transformation Project Manager - 5181117
- Capital Strategy Manager
- Structural Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly and Integration
- Accounts Payable Finance Assistant
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Business Support Manager
- Property Manager