Principal Engineer (Remote -/+3 UTC timezone)
Principle Backend Engineer (Team lead) - Fully Remote +/-3hour UTC - Permanent - up to 90,000DOE
A Renewable energy/come microfinance company are seeking a Principal Backend Engineer to join their fully remote team.
This is a very unique opportunity - as you start your work each morning, you will know all your efforts are helping some of the most underserved customers in the world get their first access to clean, affordable household energy.
It's such a great thing to work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries.
To be successful in the role you will have a proven background software engineering on medium/large scale distributed systems & service-oriented architectures.
- Reporting into the Global Director of Technology, you will be responsible for a remote team of between 2-4 Software Engineers who are based across Europe.
- Working day-to-day on the key challenges of their platform.
- You'll collaborate with a team of engineers, spanning all the way from cloud services to device firmware, to deliver value to their customers, ensuring their systems remain reliable, and help their systems become an engine of growth for the company.
- On a week-to-week basis you will be your team's lead architect standard-setting developer, and day-to-day mentor.
- You will also solve interesting technical challenges (IoT at scale!)
- Professional experience with C#/.Net
- Experience with deploying/managing cloud applications at scale (Azure preferred), and with containerization and Infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with at least one major SQL database and one major NoSQL database, and an understanding of the trade-offs + similarities between the two paradigms.
(Worked on large scale distributions systems using C#)
- Experience with distributed systems architecture, API + async messaging design, and other aspects of distributed service engineering.
- Comfort with the DevOps culture, and with the idea of being involved with the management of the systems that you build through their entire lifecycle
- Experience working in a leadership role on an engineering team
- Comfort owning large portions of work, including the design + evolution of entire services/applications
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Sterile Programme Manager
- QA Specialist - Engineering Compliance
- QA Specialist - Audit
- Commercial Business Development Manager - 110185-1
- Assistant Business Partner
- Rail Relay and Repairs Engineering Technician
- Advanced Engineering Production Operative - Rail
- Workshop Technician
- Customer Service Administrator
- Business Analyst - RQ437560
- Digital Transformation Project Manager - 5181117
- Capital Strategy Manager
- Structural Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly and Integration
- Accounts Payable Finance Assistant
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Business Support Manager
- Property Manager