COMPLIANCE ENGINEER - PERMANENT - DAYS - HERTFORDSHIRE
A leading biopharmaceutical organisation in Hertfordshire are looking for a Compliance Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis working days, Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Production Engineering Planner, you will be responsible for ensuring all health & safety statutory legislation is complied with and documented accurately for the equipment across the site.
You will regularly review equipment within the production engineering area ensuring the latest safety regulations are applied to the equipment to prevent any compliance issues whilst implementing improvements for planned maintenance procedures and RAMS (risk assessments and method statements) ensuring the engineering team are applying best health & safety practices.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure systems meet appropriate statutory compliance through testing and inspection, such as (and not restricted to) PUWER, LOLER and PSSR compliance.
- Organise and implement the compliance program by Scheduling, information gathering, costing estimates, and requiring resources to ensure the program is robust.
- Document compliance by:
- Completing and recording test results
- Collating and filing reports and certification
- Preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity
- Maintain compliance database with all documentation kept current.
- Continuously review latest compliance legislation and practices to ensure job knowledge and understanding is kept current.
- Support coordinating contractor visits, planning in advanced dates and communicating with the area owners to minimise production downtime.
- Ensures Contractor under production engineering control have appropriate Inductions, Training records and RAMS that are compliant with current Health & Safety and Business procedures.
- Supports keeping contractor database up to date.
- Assist in the creation and review of PPM's (Planned Preventative Maintenance), ensuring routine works include suitable safety procedures.
- Takes the lead for Production Engineering on the engineering Safety panel.
- Point of contact for all H&S Site Safety Database working closely with the H&S department.
- Co-ordinate Production Engineering internal & external Training requirements.
To ensure all engineers are compliant in Health and Safety and trade training requirements and record.
Successful candidates will have proven experience in a compliance/ health and safety focused role within an engineering team in a GMP pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment with strong experience in QMS management, change control and planned maintenance techniques.
Candidates will hold a NEBOSH or IOSH qualification as well as a H&S or engineering (mechanical/ electrical) qualification, it would be desirable for candidates to be a Chartered Engineer.
To apply for this role please click the ‘Apply Now' button or email an updated CV to Rebekah@blackfieldassociates.com
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from STR Group Limited
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Sterile Programme Manager
- QA Specialist - Engineering Compliance
- QA Specialist - Audit
- Commercial Business Development Manager - 110185-1
- Assistant Business Partner
- Rail Relay and Repairs Engineering Technician
- Advanced Engineering Production Operative - Rail
- Workshop Technician
- Customer Service Administrator
- Business Analyst - RQ437560
- Digital Transformation Project Manager - 5181117
- Capital Strategy Manager
- Structural Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly and Integration
- Accounts Payable Finance Assistant
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Coordinator
- Business Support Manager
- Property Manager